Tips for Organised Thinking
Have you ever wondered why you often feel really drained of your motivational energy when you procrastinate over getting things done? When you look around at home and at work, do you feel overwhelmed by the tasks that you haven’t yet started or the projects that you have got part way through and then stalled? It really saps your energy and then that means you get even less done!
Everything which is incomplete drains energy from you and from your success. It’s like keeping plates spinning on the end of long bendy poles, as you get one spinning, another begins to wobble and fall and you just spend your time running from one to another to avoid breakages. All incomplete things drain energy from your purpose. So, to recover and channel your energy towards creating your success and realising your goals, it’s a great idea to organise your thinking and complete the incomplete.
Here are 10 top tips to assist you in becoming complete in your thinking and releasing energy:
- Make a list of all the things you have to do and refer to it daily.
- Populate an appointment calendar and refer to it daily. Plan your time and stick to your plan.
- Clean up your house and/or your office.
- Clean up your car, both inside and out. Get it serviced.
- Throw away or recycle everything you don’t use or haven’t used in 6 months, or which is outdated. Take it to the charity shop.
- Clean up your desk. Organise, sort and file all your personal and business papers, documents, receipts and electronic filing system. Shred any papers that you no longer need to keep and delete unwanted electronic files.
- Get your accounts balanced. Get all financial statements (Profit & Loss, and Balance Sheet) up to date. Keep them up to date.
- Pay all your bills or make arrangements and/or agreements as to when you will pay them. Keep those agreements.
- Make a list of everyone who owes you money or who has borrowed things. Write or call and ask for the money (or the thing borrowed), or cross the person off the list and decide it is complete.
- Make a list of all the things you have started but not completed and things that have been on-going for a long time. Complete the list or cross it off and decide not to do it. Do only what you can do and delegate the rest.
Once completed, these simple and easy to do tips will release your mind to focus on your success and the attainment of your goals. The energy that will be available to you will be surprising and very welcome.